1. Good conversation (via text) on a Monday night
2. Remembering what it feels like to write.
3. So You Think You Can Dance (no explanation needed)
4. Discovering that it matters to more than one person if I’m smiling or not.
5. Putting $1.00 in the pop machine on a Friday afternoon and getting a $.55 beverage AND $1.10 back in change.
1. Discovering my recycling efforts have reduced my waste to just 1 bag of trash a week.
2. The Lion King on a Wednesday night.
3. An unexpected free lunch on Friday.
4. Spending Friday evening with the coolest person in my life right now.
5. My very own set of golf clubs.
I got caught up in my head this weekend due to many different things but I ultimately broke because of issues with some friends. I had already had my feelings hurt by a good friend…and that one I just had to figure out how to forgive as that’s what you do with best friends. But on top of that all my other friends started being crappy too and I spent a lot of the weekend in bed.
My husband is pretty good about letting things play out with me…he knows by now how I process stuff and knows I’ll always come back around. But after an entire weekend of moping and crying, he asked me if he could talk to me for a minute while he showered. Now keep in mind my husband is a man of very few words. But he made me sit and listen as he told me that I could not expect extraordinary acts from ordinary people. He told me that my problem lies in the fact that I am an extraordinary person and expect the same in return. But when I am dealing with just ordinary people that’s not gonna happen. He made me list who my ordinary and extraordinary friends were…and then told me to keep that in mind next time I got my feelings hurt.
1. Discovering I’m the person one of my best friends wants to confide in.
2. The look on my AD’s face when my catalog keyline came back with very few edits.
3. The Friday chili cook off…free lunch is awesome.
4. Iron Man…finally.
5. Golf on Sunday morning with some REALLY good friends (I beat my husband on one hole and his best friend on another!)
I did two firsts last week. I got to travel for work and i traveled alone. And oh my god it was a blast. I wound up eventually hooking up with two other co-workers once I got to San Diego, but the traveling was done alone and the I spent time in the hotel room was alone. I like being alone. And I know this may sound stupid, but I like the fact that I can get myself half way across the country all by myself. Observations along the way:
Its tricky to keep track of your shit when its just you…I’m use to being able to juggle stuff with the husband.
It’s nice to only have to keep track of yourself.
The iPod is a wonderful invention.
A half full plane is a great thing.
Always travel with someone who knows how to expense alcohol.
Always eat seafood when you’re on the coast.
California boys are pretty.
I envied the waitress who said she surfs everyday.
There are people who are way more indecisive than i am.
The sky is always bluer in California.
Carl would have gone to Tijuana…I kind of wish i had.
I wonder who exactly travels to Las Vegas alone.
Even if you’re just stuck in the airport in Vegas…Vegas is still fun.